Note: Even though the conversation was held in Spanish, you might be able to active the automatic subtitles in your language via YouTube.
Women’s pleasure has been historically available only for some lucky individuals. Women have been taken as silly, objects and incubators for too many centuries (if you haven’t watch a Maiden’s Tale and have the stomach to do so, go ahead. You should know that there is nothing in that book and series that hadn’t happen before in real life).
Fortunately nowadays there are plenty of us with the possibility of owning our pleasure and fully enjoy ourselves. In my opinion, the best part is that we are sharing this information and experiences with other women, and generating a collective change.
Andrea Aguilar: from anorgasmia to sexual coaching
I met Andrea Aguilar, creator of www.masalladelorgasmo.com some years ago, in a training that had nothing to do neither with women sexuality or dance. Since then I’ve been closely following her work and felt happy for every step she’s taken.
I’ve learnt many things from her: giving myself permission, breath and relax amongst others. And I know I’m not the only one who had multiply her pleasure thanks to Andrea’s work. This is precisely the reason I wanted to have and share this chat we had over DancePandemic.com. Good things are here to be shared!!
Bellydance and sexuality, do they have anything in common?
In the chat I had with Andrea Aguilar we talked about many things, and we even commented on the relationship dance and sexuality have.
Here you have an index of our conversation so you can go straight to the points of your interest:
- 0:10 – Intro
- 0:45 – Andrea Aguilar introduction
- 1:14 – What are you learning at the moment?
- 3:03 – What can we find beyond the orgasm? Sexuality and Spirituality.
- 6:38 – How has your sexual practice changed after getting in contact with other cultures? Sexuality, tantra, tao and consciousness.
- 11:30 – Dance, sexuality and connection with the body.
- 13:28 – The most common beliefs, thoughts and challenges that difficult women’s pleasure.
- 20:30 – How fear and contemporary sex education interfiere in women’s pleasure.
- 23:38 – How can we improve more the sexuality and representation of women with non-normative bodies, older women and pregnant?
- 32:02 – Tricks to include presence and permission in our life and sexuality.
- 35:05 – How would society transform if all women would enjoy their sexuality?
- 38:10 – Hips movement and it’s importance in women’s sexuality.
During the interview, she mentioned the work of two amazing women. Here you can find them: Desnúdate autoestima y Carmen Enguita.
And after listening to this chat, Andrea and me would love to know if you have ever felt like there was much more pleasure inside you that the amount of pleasure your were allowing yourself to feel. Drop us a line in the comments!
If you want to know more about Andrea’s amazing work or be part in any of her courses have a look at her website: masalladelorgasmo.com
And if you are like me and think that pleasure should be for all, share this interview with your friends!
A hug as big as a dancing sea,
ps. Have a go around 8:17, when we comment how fear, shame and blame condition women sexuality.