If you have already seen an Iraqi dance video, you’ll have probably been surprised with their spectacular head movements. But, have you ever tought about the dangers of moving your head like that without any kind of control?
Iraqi dance has become a trend in the bellydance world in the latest years. And there are many students who have jumped into it without any care.
Shaking your head as it is done in that particular belly dance style could come with loads of injuries, such as sprained neck, or slipped discs.
NECK STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY
To avoid injuries when moving your head, you’ll have to make sure you previously work on your strength and flexibility, as well as being fully aware of the correct alignment of your head.
In today’s video, I’m sharing with you some essential conditioning exercises to avoid injuries when you dance. You’ll also find what’s the secret of a beautiful and elegant head movement.
Play it now.
- 1:20 – The danger of moving your head without proper body conditioning.
- 2:20 – The two things your should work on to avoid neck injuries.
- 3:36 – Strengthen your neck with this exercise.
- 7:17 – How to properly work on your neck flexibility.
- 8:20 – How to align your neck.
- 9:10 – The danger of back bend.
- 9:40 – How to move your head for Iraqi Dance.
- 10:44 – The secret for a great head movement.
If you have found this video useful, you might also be interested in the following videos:
- 4 easy stretches to keep pain away from your neck
- How to do a belly dance back bend avoiding injuries
And now that you have watched the video, share with me in the comments: did you know about Iraqi dance and its dangers for your body? Have you ever tried this neck movements?
I’ll love reading your experience.
Thank you for being here.